Looking to treat yourself and the family during lockdown? Or anytime really.
Chocolate brownie cookies will be perfect and are so easy to throw together.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, plus more to top if desired (divided, ⅔ cup and ⅓ cup)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, try our organic milk choc chips (divided, ⅔ cup and ⅓ cup)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp espresso
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt, try our pink Himalayan fine salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a skillet, add ⅔ cup each of dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips along with the coconut oil. Place the skillet on top of a simmering pot of water heated over low-heat and allow the indirect heat to melt the chocolate. Stir until melted then let cool to lukewarm
- Beat the eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla together with a stand-mixer or hand-mixer on medium speed until the mixture doubles in size (~5 mins). Add the melted chocolate and mix on low speed until the chocolate is incorporated
- Slowly add the almond flour, cacao powder, espresso, baking powder, and sea salt and mix until no flour clumps remain; do not overmix
- Fold in the remaining ⅓ cup each of dark chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Use a cookie scoop to spoon the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges begin to get crispy. Let cool and enjoy! If storing, place cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week!
Photo & recipe courtesy of @the.fit.peach