Get into the Christmas vibe with these cute peppermint chocolate cookies.
These can be made gluten free or not and are Christmas themed with crushed candy cane and white chocolate. Yum!
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp HealthBuzz gluten free flour (or use plain flour)
- ½ cup HealthBuzz cocoa powder (or sub for cacao powder)
- 1 tsp HealthBuzz baking powder
- 1–2 tsp bi-carb soda (see notes)
- ½ tsp salt (try HealthBuzz pink Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup HealthBuzz organic raw sugar
- 1 cup HealthBuzz organic rapadura or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- ½ cup HealthBuzz melted coconut oil
- crushed candy canes
- 4 oz melted white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, beat together all of the wet ingredients with a mixer.
- Beat in all of the dry ingredients just until a dough forms, be sure not to over mix.
- Let the dough set in the fridge for 10-30 minutes to make it easier to scoop.
- Use a small spoon and use your hands to roll into balls. Dip the top in crushed candy canes (try not to go overboard or the cookies will end up kind of soggy).
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 11-14 minutes. With my oven, the cookies do best at 12 minutes, but all ovens are different. The cookies will continue to harden as they cool, so let them sit and cool before eating or adding the melted white chocolate.
photo & recipe @eatwithclarity