This filling and high protein snack will keep you coming back for more!
So easy to make and delicious for any one to enjoy.
for the bars:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 TBS hemp seeds or linseed/flaxseed meal
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 1/2 cup protein powder – try HealthBuzz vanilla protein powder
- ¾ cup all natural peanut butter
- 1.5 TBS coconut oil
- ⅓ cup + 1 TBS honey (or brown rice syrup or sweetener of choice)
optional peanut butter chocolate topping:
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients (oats through protein powder). Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Microwave for 10-15 seconds, and stir until evenly combined. Add this to dry ingredients, stir gently until mixture is evenly combined. Mixture will be thick and heavy.
- Press mixture into prepared pan, using hands to press evenly into all corners. Place pan in refrigerator for about 45 minutes to set (or 20 minutes in freezer).
- Once bars have set, lift parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut bars into 12 servings.
- If using topping, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave for 10 second intervals. Once completely melted stir in peanut flour until no lumps are present. Drizzle peanut butter chocolate on bars and allow to set, about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Store Peanut Butter Protein Oat Bars in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, or in store in freezer for longer period of time. Enjoy!
Photo & recipe courtesy of @fitmittenkitchen