It just wouldn’t be Monday, without a tantalising chocolate recipe from us here at HealthBuzz.
Gives you time to shop for ingredients and get your delivery before the weekend!
These are hemp and cacao brownies from Panaceas pantry. If you have been keen to try cooking with hemp flour, then this could be the ideal way to start.
Shop for ingredients with your organics and whole foods. Shipping Australia wide 🚛
With this recipe, you’ll want to really let the baked brownie rest, and it’s best eaten on day 2, or refrigerated for a while (to avoid it crumbling). You’ll need:
1 cup cacao powder
1 cup hemp flour
1/2 tsp good-quality salt (TRY OUR HIMALAYAN PINK SALT)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup good-quality peanut butter (COMING THIS WEEK)
1/2 cup light-flavoured oil
1 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
100g vegan dark chocolate, chopped (OR ANY CHOCOLATE OF YOUR CHOICE)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 20cm square brownie tin, set aside.
2. Add apple cider vinegar to milk and set aside (this makes buttermilk). 3. Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Add remaining ingredients to the buttermilk bowl, and combine. Pour into dry mix and combine. Add chocolate and fold through. Bake for 20-25 mins. Allow to cool partially in tin, then turn onto a cooling rack.
To make ganache:
100g vegan dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup coconut cream.
1. Add chocolate to a heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
2. Warm coconut cream in a saucepan to around 45 degrees. Pour over chocolate and whisk together and thick and creamy. Spread over brownies, and top with optional berries and coconut