Perfect snack for kids lunchboxes or work.
Click on the ingredients below:
- 1 1/2 (240g) cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink fine Himalayan salt
- 1–2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (75g) coconut sugar
- 250g overripe bananas (2-3)
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30g) molasses (optional)
- 3/4 cup sparkling water (or nondairy milk)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Blend the bananas, almond butter, molasses (if using), coconut sugar, vanilla, and sparkling water.
- Add wet to dry and mix to combine.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Top with a sprinkling of chopped walnuts and dusting of coconut sugar (optional).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
(using sparkling water will make the mixture lighter but it still works well with milk)