𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗽𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 16 𝗯𝗮𝗿𝘀
* 1/2 cup (125ml) dates, soft
* 1/2 cup (125ml) nut butter of choice
* 1/3 cup (80ml) plant-based milk
* 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/4 tsp pink salt
* 2 cups (500ml) puffed quinoa
* 1/4 cup (60ml) of each: sesame / chia / sunflower / flax seeds (linseed)
Line a 20cm square baking tin with parchment paper. In a blender or food processor, mix the dates and the nut butter until a paste is formed. Add the milk, cocoa powder and salt and mix until combined. In a big bowl, add the quinoa puffs, the seeds and the date mixture. Mix until fully combined. Press the mixture evenly into the lined baking tin. Place the tin in the freezer while making the chocolate coating.
* 1/3 cup (80ml) dark chocolate chips
* 1/8 cup (30ml) plant-based milk
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the milk. Pour the chocolate on top of the bars and coat evenly. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
Photo & recipe @breakfastnbowls