Yes, we’re serious, these babies are made with zucchini.
Great for the kids or as a healthier anytime snack!
- 1½ cups oat flour (can be made by blending rolled oats into a fine powder)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, try our Himalayan pink salt
- 1 packed cup finely shredded zucchini, not drained
- ½ cup milk of choice (ie: almond milk)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil, butter, or other oil of choice
- flax egg (1 tablespoon ground linseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, plus more for top of batter (use dairy-free chocolate chips if necessary)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together dry ingredients—oat flour, coconut sugar, rolled oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add shredded zucchini, milk, coconut oil, flax egg, and vanilla extract, stirring until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and then spread batter into prepared pan. Top with additional chocolate chips and bake for 25–30 minutes, or just until center is set. Let cool before cutting into bars. Makes 9–16 bars, depending on how large you cut them. Store in an airtight container in a cool room for 2–3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Recipe and photo courtesy @wifemamafoodie